- Democratic County/Senatorial Convention Information (Revised information on facebook page)
- Republican Precinct/County/Senatorial Convention Information (Revised information on website)
- Libertarian County/Senatorial Convention Information
Joint Election (Local City/ISD/Water)
Saturday, May 2, 2020
NOTICE: On March 18, 2020 Greg Abbott, the Governor of Texas, sent out a proclamation suspending Sections 41.0052(a) and (b) of the Texas Election Code and Section 49.103 of the Texas Water Code to the extent necessary to allow political subdivisions that would otherwise hold elections on May 2, 2020, to move their general and special elections for 2020 only to the next uniform election date, occurring on November 3, 2020, without otherwise adjusting the term of office, and suspending Sections 31.093 and 42.0621(c) of the Texas Election Code to the extent necessary to require all county election officers, if requested by an affected political subdivision, to enter into a contract to furnish election services with any political subdivision who postponed their election to November 3, 2020, under the authority of this proclamation.
It is a strong recommendation from the Elections office for each political subdivision to postpone the election. The potential serious impact caused by the COVID pandemic and the need to follow guidelines outlined under the many local, county and state disaster declarations is our main concern. The COVID-19 pandemic is still a fluid situation with an unknown outcome. The experts have consistently stated the situation will continue to get worse before improvement is seen. There are numerous unknowns at this time causing an extremely challenging situation for conducting a May 2, 2020 Election. We understand that these are trying times, but the safety of the citizens and poll workers of Ellis County are of upmost importance.
Information will be posted as we receive any Order of Postponements (Political Subdivisions postponing to November 3, 2020) OR any Notice of Election (Political Subdivisions not moving to November and decide to hold their own election on May 2, 2020).
- City of Grand Prairie - Order of Postponement
- City of Venus - Order of Postponement
- Red Oak ISD - Order of Postponement
- City of Mansfield - Order of Postponement
- Midlothian ISD - Order of Postponement
- City of Waxahachie - Order of Postponement
- City of Alma - Order of Postponement
- City of Midlothian - Order of Postponement
- City of Ferris - Order of Postponement
- As of 3/30/2020 The Elections office has received word that all entities in Ellis County plan to move their election to November 3, 2020. Will continue to post orders as received. Thank you.
Republican and Democratic Joint Primary
Tuesday, July 14, 2020
NOTICE: On March 20, 2020 Greg Abbott, the Governor of Texas, sent out a proclamation that: suspends Section 41.007(b) of the Texas Election Code to the extent necessary to postpone the runoff primary election date until Tuesday, July 14, 2020; suspends Section 41.007(d) of the Texas Election Code to the extent necessary to allow for the runoff primary election to be held on the same date as the special election for Texas State Senate District No. 14, which has already been ordered for Tuesday, July 14, 2020; and suspends Section 41.008 of the Texas Election Code to the extent it would preclude holding the runoff primary election on July 14, 2020. Early voting by personal appearance shall begin on Monday, July 6, 2020, in accordance with Section 85.001(b) of the Texas Election Code.
- Vote Center Locations for Early Voting and Election Day List (PDF) - coming soon
- Early Voting (July 6-10) Google Map - coming soon
- Election Day (July 14) Google Map - coming soon
- *Vote Center means VOTING at ANY Ellis County Polling Location Convenient for YOU! Click here for more information
- Democratic Sample Ballot
- Republican Sample Ballot
- Early Voting In-Person Roster Report and Returned Ballots by Mail Roster Report - coming soon
- Daily Early Voting Report - coming soon
- Texas Election Code Section 87.121 Early Voting Rosters
- Notice of Voting Order Priority
- Notice of No Electioneering or Loitering within 100 feet outside any entrance to the polling location while the polls are open
- Notice of Instructions to Cast an ExpressVote Ballot
- Notice of No Electronic devices within 100 feet of the voting stations
- Notice of Joint Primary Runoff Election - coming soon
- Click here for information about Vote Centers and New Voting Equipment
Tuesday, January 1, 2020 - First day for the Elections office to receive a Regular or FPCA Ballot by mail application
Monday, June 15, 2020 - Last day to register to vote for this Election
Thursday, July 2, 2020 - Last day for the Elections office to receive a Regular or FPCA Ballot by mail application (Including this is the last day for the voter to walk-in/hand-deliver an application.)
- Click here for a Regular Absentee Application
- Click here for a FPCA Application (Absentee voting for Service members, their families and overseas citizens)
2020 Election Dates
- 2020 Primary Runoff Election - Early Voting July 6-10 and Election Day July 14
- 2020 General Election - Early Voting October 19-30 and Election Day November 3
- 2020 Runoff Election (City) - Early Voting Nov. 23-25, Nov 30-Dec 4 and Election Day December 8
Click here to see Elected Officials Listing and Year of Re-Election and Candidate Filing Info *Dates are Subject to change _________________________________________________________________________
Updated 1-1-2018 : To vote In-Person all registered voters are required to present 1 of the 7 approved forms of photo identification. If unable to obtain one of the photo ID’s? You can fill out a declaration at the polls explaining why and bring one of the supporting documents. Click below to see a full listing.
Important 2020 - 2022 Election Dates (sos.state.tx.us website)